WorkTuffGear Proper Chopper is the biggest in the Nomad line of blades that includes the Nomad Camp Knife, Nomad Field Knife and the Nomad EDC designed by Zeke Menacho in a collaborative work with Victor Lin from WorkTuffGear that completes the Nomad Collection.
WorkTuffGear Proper Chopper is a cleaver-shaped apocalyptic blade with an attitude for defensive tactics against zombies, aliens and wild animals that give you a hard time. It is comparable in size to MyParang Golok 135 and MyParang Duku Chandong 12″ Heavy model except that the Proper Chopper is a little heavier but surprisingly wieldable.
The Proper Chopper seemed bigger in the photos and video posts in the social media but just a tad bigger than the Nomad Camp Knife in the hands. It’s almost one has to choose between an all-rounder Nomad Camp Knife and the hard-hitting beast of a Proper Chopper. However, the blade stock of the Proper Chopper is 6.67mm (0.26″) thick and the Seax influence made the blade looks like a bad-ass chopper!
Victor Lin from WorkTuffGear collabrated with many renowned knife-designers and makers to offer first-class knife designs to the masses with great fit and finish that offers a small production run for their blades that sold out in minutes.
- Knife Type: Fixed Blade
- Knife construction: Full tang
- Overall Length: 16.8″
- Blade Length: 11.5″
- Cutting Edge: 11.5″
- Blade Thickness: 0.27″
- Type of grind: Sabre grind with convex cutting edge
- Blade Shape: Cleaver
- Blade Steel: SK85 56-58RC
- Blade Finish: Forced Patina Finish
- Handle Material: G10-3D machined waffle pattern with blue liner
- Knife Weight: 41 oz
- Weight w/ Sheath: 42.7oz
- Sheath Included: Yes
- Sheath Material: Black Kydex (taco style) + Nylon pouch bag
- 00:00 Unboxing and Packaging
- 01:07 Blade Profile
- 01:32 Proper Chopper and Hultafors Hultan Hatchet
- 01:42 Proper Chopper and MyParang Golok 135
- 01:59 Proper Chopper and Nomad Camp Knife
- 02:20 Proper Chopper and Nomad Field Knife
- 02:39 Comparing Proper Chopper and Nomad Collection
- 03:00 Blade Profile
- 03:53 G10 Handle Profile
- 04:36 Kydex Sheath and Carry Option
- 05:10 Proper Chopper Specifications
- 07:00 Final Thoughts