The Diamond Llama is a burliest frame made for adventure, even more so when the pavement ends. It takes the widest tires at 2.1 inches and handles gravel grinding, snow and dirt trails especially well for 20-inch wheels (with the right tires). It’s ready to go with you on a fully-loaded tour, hundreds of miles across a continent or exploring your favorite old logging roads with zero proprietary parts to do it (we only use standard bike parts on all of our bikes).
What is also very unique about this bike is that it is one of the only folding bikes in the world that can take a heavier rider. Most folding bike companies design to max around 230lbs total weight. Bike Friday designs for up to 330lbs. max rider weight and still design for rugged use. Bike Friday aim to support all riders to have a great bike that fits them! Even to people bigger and taller than the average rider.
Special Features of the Diamond Llama:
- Takes wider tires up to 2.1″ (5.3 cm)
- Regular Rider Frame weight 260lbs.
- Heavy Rider/Load frame is built for riders up to 330 lbs (150 kg)
- The frame has braze-ons for front and rear racks for loaded touring
- Folds to fit into space 32″ x 24″ x 12″
- Due to its fold, it’s very compact and fits nicely inside a trunk vs. being on the roof
- Disassemble to fit into the Samsonite suitcase. The case dimensions are 31″ x 21″ x 12″
- Electric-assist available – Front Drive E-Bike Systems (no mid-drive due to folding)
- Built with 100% standard industry bike components for easy emergency repairs
Continental Divide Design – Dirt & Gravel:
This design can do some great gravel-grinding on a variety of intriguing paths through the woods. The wide tires give a comfortable ride and the disc brakes keep you traveling the speed you want down the hills. The flat mountain bike bars offer two hand positions for a variation on your long adventures.
- 20 Speed (2×10)
- 11×36 Cassette
- Flat MTB bars
- Trigger Shifters
- Tioga Power Block 2.1″ tires
- Thudbuster suspension seat post
- Does not come with saddle and pedals as many people have their own favorite style (all industry-standard saddles and pedals fit this bike)
- Bike weight 25.5 lbs (saddle and pedal not included)
Rear Rack: A standard alloy rear rack has plenty of clearance for use with the Bike Friday Under-bag and a 40-pound weight limit. This is a good solid rack for everyday use. Some assembly is required. Color is black.
Front Rack Info: Fits standard panniers. This strong & light front rack is made of 3/8″ 4130 Chromoly steel. Rated for 25lbs each side. A must for a properly weighted touring bike for front /rear best weight balance and ride control.
Do take note that the video was recorded in Malay with English subtitles.
Courtesy of Unker Buzz.